1. QUESTION: What is the ICO price of NEM?
ANSWER: There was no ICO, NEM is from before the time when ICO was a popular funding mechanism.
2. QUESTION: This really looks like it is an airdrop basically with no burn of NIS1 coins. So 2x supply. Is this correct?
ANSWER: No, it is not an airdrop. Holders have a right of participation in SYMBOL that comes with holding XEM before the snapshot block height. Supply is not doubled, a new supply is created on a new chain which holders of the old chain tokens are invited to participate in.
3. QUESTION: How will this impact current XEM investors?
ANSWER: Market economics and sentiment are always uncertain and depend on multiple factors . The only currently discernible impact to current XEM holders is that they have the option to participate in the new SYMBOL journey.
4. QUESTION: Will the exchanges do the migration for us?
Answer: They will not. They may provide end-users with a feature to opt-in balances, but they will not execute the migration.
5. QUESTION: Is there a possibility XEM will be de-listed after the migration?
ANSWER: We do not see any reason why XEM would be delisted, as long as there are high-volume and transaction exchanges will continue to list them.
6. QUESTION: The concern is that most people, after opting-in, would want to dump their XEM for FIAT. That would drop the prices of XEM before the end of the opt-in phase. Then whales would buy those dumped XEM and opt-in into the new network. What are you doing to prevent this?
ANSWER: There is no way to opt-in XEM twice as balances will be snapshotted at certain block height.
7. QUESTION: Will XEM and the new token be able to be traded freely from each other?
ANSWER: Yes, as long as it is on an exchange with both tokens available for trading.
8. QUESTION: Will this create a liquidity crisis?
ANSWER: We do not involve ourselves in price speculation. We cannot forecast the future.
9. QUESTION: So will the price for XEM and the new token be pegged?
ANSWER: No. It will be determined by the market.
10. QUESTION: Which exchanges will support the new token?
11. QUESTION: When the time to opt-in for SYMBOL token allocation starts, will the NIS1 Network XEM currency still be tradable on (major) exchanges?